Visit: Tourist

If you would like to explore Canada for a day, month or longer and you do not intend on working in Canada, then you would be classified as a tourist.

General Requirements:

  • Itinerary for duration of stay
  • Employment abroad
  • Residency abroad
  • Health insurance abroad
  • Proof of funds

What you need depends on:

  • The type of travel document you will travel with;
  • The country that issued your travel document;
  • Your nationality;¬†
  • How you will travel to Canada.

Filing Process (No visa required):

Upon entry at a port of entry or an airport. A CBSA officer will determine how long you can stay, typically up to six months.

Filing Process (Visa required):

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may need a Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. You can apply online or on paper. If you do not have the proper documents, you may be delayed and/or denied from boarding your flight to Canada.

At this time, we are committed to the health and safety of our clients, our staff and our community. The government continues to accept applications and process them as normal. We are equipped to continue to prepare and process all cases. Please keep in mind that most cases take months to process. We want to continue to prepare and process these cases, so that when we do get through this crisis, you will not have lost crucial processing time. We will perform all consultations over the phone and can be best reached through our contact form.